Increase Efficiency Sending Out Electronic Invoices via email
Outlined below are some best practices to begin the process of moving to electronic invoicing. Implementing just a few processes will allow you to deliver your invoices faster, ensure proper receipt and eliminate the costs of paper-based invoices.
ONE: COMMUNICATE TO CLIENTS
- The first step is communicating with your customer base the change in process and clearly stating time frames and the steps required. Definitely consider a targeted completion date, but make sure your clients have ample to time to comply.
- Communication can be facilitated by:
- Creating a form letter to send to all existing clients
- Drafting a email communication to send to all existing clients
TWO: KEY DATA POINTS TO RETRIEVE
- In the communication, request a specific email address for delivery of your invoices and make sure to record in the customer record.
- Establish two-way communication by setting up a specific ‘accounts receivable’ email address and/or a phone number that allows your clients to use to capture missing email addresses, address questions and confirm setup.
THREE: ACQUIRE CONSISTENT DATA
- Create a form that allows you to easily gather all the necessary information.
- Your implementation of electronic invoicing will be easier if you have gathered your clients data in a consistent format that makes it easy to input that information in to WolfePak ERP.
FOUR: FINALIZE SETUP IN WOLFEPAK ERP
- Take the necessary steps in your WolfePak ERP to setup the client for delivery of invoices via email
For implementation questions or support issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.