Welcome to July. The first half of 2020 is officially behind us. Summer is here, although it feels like it took both forever and no time to get here. March felt like years and then the following months flew by. Vox has a great article on how we perceived time during COVID-19.
Time analysis aside, as we gear up for summer, we’re polishing up our summer reading lists. Or in this case, our summer listening guide. Whether you’re staying at home or social distancing outside, we’ve got you covered on some of the top industry and oil and gas podcasts to help you pass the time.
Following are some of our team’s favorite oil and gas podcasts.
- Digital Wildcatters Oil and Gas Startups podcast – This is one of our go-to podcasts because it’s a great combination of finance, technology and industry insights. Plus, it’s one of the first podcasts that shined a spotlight on the move to digital and leveraging new tech. Hosts Collin McLelland and Jake Corley help companies understand important trends about cybersecurity, cloud and advanced analytics, and so much more.
- Accounting Best Practices with Steve Bragg – The wealth of information CPA Steve Bragg provides on all things accounting in such a short time frame is not to be missed. Never longer than 15 minutes, Steve provides short, salient insights for business and finance. Also, every podcast transcript is available, so you can easily dig into the links and resources he provides.
- Digital Oil and Gas – Geoffrey Cann zeroes in entirely on digital innovation and transformation in an engaging and thoughtful manner. He was one of the first on the scene to focus solely on the sea change of digital in the oil and gas industry. He interviews a range of industry experts and guests on how to leverage data and new technologies, manage change and modernize company operations.
- Oil and Gas 360 – Dedicated to all things energy, oil and gas, Stu Turley and Michael Tanner interview guests on all aspects of the industry and the stories you need to know. Our CEO Brent Rhymes and CTO Ryan Lailey were guests in May to talk about WolfePak Pumper, supporting the oil and gas community, and our continued work to help companies implement digital technologies to automate their finance and business management.
- Oil and Gas This Week – Hosted by industry insiders Paige Wilson and Mark LaCour, this is one of our favorite podcasts to stay on top of the current news and trends in our industry. It’s amazing how many topics and insights Mark provides in 30 minutes. This podcast is one of many in the Oil and Gas Podcast Network, which has something for everyone.
- POLITICO Energy – This is a 10 minute summary of key energy, financial and environmental trends and news. The show host is Kelsey Tamborrino, energy reporter at POLITICO, with insights from the outlet’s team of reporters.
These are the ones that skimmed to the top of our list, but our team is always on the lookout for more shows and excited to learn from new content sources. What podcasts would you add to this list?
Drop us a line and let’s share listening notes. Happy listening!