Multi-Company A/P is an add-on to the Accounts Payable Module. It adds the ability to enter invoices into one (parent) company, but code the entries (expenses) into multiple companies. There are two different payment methods when using Multi-Company A/P:
Entire Invoice is paid by one company (uses inter-company account to record due to/from in both the paying and the expensing set of books).
- Invoices are entered in the company that will be writing the check and the user codes and breaks down the invoices to the appropriate company, account, cost center combination
- System automatically uses an inter-company account (with a separate sub-account for each company) to offset the recorded expenses in the other set of books, but the entire invoice stays intact in the accounts payable of the company it is entered into
- Checks are written from A/P as normal with no real concern as to which company(s) the invoices were coded to
Invoice is split and paid by the company(s) expensing the invoice (Split Invoice).
- All invoices (regardless of company that is to pay it) can be entered in the one company
- When the entered invoices are updated, the system will automatically send the invoices in whole or split the invoices into as many pieces as needed to correspond with the company(s) the invoice was coded to
- Checks are written out of each company
- New Multiple company check writing and Due date list available to facilitate printing checks from two to hundreds of companies with one touch of the button (magic of WolfePak's MICR encoding)
- Both Payment methods provide for duplicate checking of invoices across all companies